As an extra precautionary measure in an effort to stop the spread of novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) and protect and preserve the public health, we extended our closure dates beyond that of what was required by the City of Denver and State of Colorado, and are excited to announce we will be reopening our flagship location in RiNo for classes, private groups and private lessons starting Friday, June 5th.
Please understand the reopen date may change if the state shelter at home date extends, or we as a company still feel it is still not safe to reopen.
While MADEwkshop was built for being social with social distancing, we are following additional protocols to ensure the safety of our team, our incredible clients, and our community.
When booking an appointment at MADEwkshop, you are agreeing to all of our policies and full payment for services received or not received. In an effort to make sure our staff receives a full day’s wage, we have a strict cancellation policy, outlined on our FAQs and Policies page. No shows and short notice cancellations will incur a full charge to guarantee our instructors get paid for their time. We thank you in advance for understanding.
Outlined below are the guidelines our guests must follow until further notice. Please note that the following is subject to change at any time, and we will update our social media channels with the latest information as it continues to evolve.
MADEwkshop COVID-19 GUEST GUIDELINES 2020:
FAILURE TO FOLLOW MADEwkshop HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS WILL RESULT IN THE REFUSAL OF SERVICE, WITH NO REFUNDS GIVEN.
- We strongly advise immunocompromised, at risk and vulnerable humans including pregnant and nursing mothers to really consider your risks before scheduling your appointment, and highly suggest you do not schedule a non-essential service or activity to reduce your exposure to COVID-19 and any other major health related illnesses and injuries during this time.
- If you cannot wear a mask for longer than 15 minutes due to any health related reasons, we urge you to not schedule an appointment at this time. Your mask must be kept on during your entire time at MADEwkshop. If it is taken off, the instructor will stop the class/lesson/session/workshop immediately and ask you to leave the premises with no refund.
- While we are taking extra precautions to maintain a clean and safe environment, by booking an appointment you acknowledge that you’ve read our guidelines and are comfortable with the risks associated booking a non-essential service / activity during this time of transition, and you will not hold MADEwkshop and ANY EMPLOYEES liable for any injury, illness or health conditions that arise from participation in non-essential personal services / activities.
- If you arrive at your appointment showing any visible respiratory symptoms of illness, even while wearing a face mask – for example, cough, fever, shortness of breath – we have the right to refuse service with NO REFUND.
- It is mandatory for all guests to wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth while inside at all times. Please bring your face masks, or we have the right to refuse service with NO REFUND. *Masks will be available for purchase.
- As always, work gloves will be provided by MADEwkshop for you to wear and take home to keep.
- As an additional health and safety precaution, ALL Guests and Employees will have mandatory symptom screenings and temperature checks before entering the workshop spaces.
- It is also mandatory for all our instructors and front desk hospitality team to wear a face mask at all times while inside performing services.
- We are strictly following all local and state health department procedures, and COVID-19 health and safety regulations and guidelines from the CDC and OSHA.
- Our workshop areas, helmets, protective eyewear and tools are properly cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected before the start, in-between every session, and at the closing of each day.
- We will continue to operate “by appointment only” and do not accept any walk- ins.
- Upon arrival, all guests must use hand sanitizer provided by MADEwkshop in the lobby, both before and after signing our onsite waiver, and prior to entering our workshop spaces. An onsite waiver signature is required for all guests.
- All participants must also use hand sanitizer anytime they enter or exit the building, and wash your hands for 20 seconds after using the restroom.
- Please wear a LONG SLEEVE SHIRT AND CLOSED TOED SHOES. All clothing must be made from natural fibers. No synthetic fabrics will be permitted in the workshop spaces.
- Community welding jackets will be provided, and are washed daily. If you prefer not to wear a community jacket, please bring a mid-weight flame resistant / fire-retardant long sleeved shirt to wear instead. A LONG SLEEVE SHIRT IS REQUIRED.
- Please leave ALL personal items in your car other than keys, cell phone, water bottle, any emergency items, inhalers or epi-pens. You will be given single use plastic bags to store your personal items in the storage bins in the lobby. Bins are sanitized before and after each class. You are not permitted to place your personal belongings on any surface in the workshops to minimize spread of contamination.
- Classes and workshops will have a max capacity of 10 people until further notice.
- All workstations are at least 6 feet apart. participants are expected to maintain 6′ distance throughout.
- The reception and lounge areas are closed. We ask that you wait outside or in your car until our staff opens the door at your scheduled class/session time. Entry will be staggered. Please note our front entry doors will be locked to limit access of people entering our space.
- Each workstation, helmet, protective eyewear and tool will be thoroughly sanitized after each session. We have allotted 60 minutes cleaning time in between sessions to ensure everything is above and beyond sanitation and disinfection requirements.
- Only participants with appointments are allowed in the shop. No friends, pets or extra people are allowed in at this time.
- After your appointment, participants must check out and leave immediately so we can properly clean, disinfect and sanitize for our next guests. The waiting area/lounge is closed at this time. We ask all participants schedule your next session online.
- We will continue to require a credit card to schedule appointments or purchase merchandise online.
If you are experiencing any signs of illness, have been exposed to COVID-19, or are experiencing a fever, cough, or trouble breathing, please stay home and reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days later to ensure you are symptom-free. Our strict cancellation policy for rescheduling and no-shows still applies, and you will be charged in full. If you are uncomfortable with any of the guidelines outlined above, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reschedule your appointment for another time.
We encourage our friends everywhere to take the extra precautions necessary to safeguard their health and that of others. It is everyone’s responsibility to help stop the spread of this virus, and protect those most vulnerable in our communities. It’s a complicated situation, our plans may change, and if so we will let you know. Please know we are closely monitoring the situation and will follow recommendations from the CDC, WHO and NHS, and urge you all to do the same.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. As we continue our daily lives in this changing reality, let’s work to protect and care for one another. We are all in this together!